Erica Thiessen works with our priest as a coordinator of Spiritual Formation.
They like to create and communicate the opportunities of Christian Education for everyone at St. Matthew.
This area of ministry includes:
● Special Children’s events e.g. St. Nicholas Day (crafts and brunch).
● Baptismal and confirmation preparation.
● Marriage Preparation.
● Midweek studies of various sorts.
● Special events for men and women e.g. Lenten retreat; Quiet Day.
● Spiritual Direction appointments – an underutilized resource (Fr. Allen available for private “rite of reconciliation,” spiritual direction, counselling or mutual prayer and support).
● Develop a culture of stewardship, encouraging parishioners to seek God’s call to contribute to the life and growth of the Church with their time, talent and treasure.
A Senior in the parish says....
“I’m impressed with the way this parish took my suggestion for a particular event seriously and involved me in the planning. It was empowering and comforting at the same time.”